Lincoln Events in May
|Monday, May 27||No school - Memorial Day|
|Tuesday, May 28||9-10:20 am: Maestra Espinosa's class - Walking Butterfly Field Trip |
9 am - 2 pm: 5th Grade Special Event - Field trip to the coast
|Wednesday, May 29||9-10:30 am: Maestra Crisostomo's class - Walking Butterfly Field Trip|
9 am - 2 pm: Kinder trip to farmer's market
11:15 am: Spanish OBOB "Lucha Libros" Battles #1 in the library
|Thursday, May 30||9 am - 2 pm: 2nd grade field trip to Finley Wildlife Refuge|
11:15 am: Lucha Libros Battles #2 in the library
|Friday, May 31||8:30-11:15 am: "Lucha Libros" competition at South Shore Elementary in Albany|
All library books are due and lost ones must be paid for
Lincoln Events in June
|Saturday, June 1||11:30 am - 2:30 pm: Lincoln Carnival|
Elementary Strings student concierto at CVHS (flyers sent home)
|Wednesday, June 5||Walk and Bike to School Day|
|Thursday, June 6||6-7:30 pm: PTA meeting|
|Wednesday, June 12||6-7:30 pm: Latino Parent Group meeting|
|Thursday, June 13||Kinder graduation|
|Friday, June 14||5th Grade Special Event: 5th grade Promotion/Celebration|
|Monday, June 17||1-2:30 pm: Field day|
|Tuesday, June 18||Last day of school|
8:45-9:25 am: Special Assembly
Volunteer Slots for Lincoln Carnival
Just one or two hours of your time is all it would take, tending a game, serving food, selling tickets, painting faces, setting up or taking down the booths, etc. This is a huge fundraiser for the PTA, which sponsors educational events and resources for our kids all year. It’s on Saturday, June 1st with volunteer slots between 9 am and 4:30 pm. Please consider signing up! Sign up HERE.
Show your talent at Lincoln Carnival
Do you play music, dance, do magic tricks, juggle or have a talent that you would like to show off at the carnival on June 1st? Please contact Stacey Torres to schedule your act: email@example.com.
Golden Book and a Party!
Help your child win the Golden Book and a party with their class!
There is a contest among the 15 Lincoln classes to see who will have the least number of overdue / lost books in the Lincoln library at the end of the month. If you can not find a book, you must pay to replace it before May 31. There are about a hundred books that have expired more than three months ago and hundreds of others that were checked out more recently that should be returned before the end of the month. If you have questions, please call Sonya Bacheller, 541-766-4682.
Elementary School Track Meeting - coming soon!
Wednesday, June 5, 2019. Starts at 3:30 pm, CHS Track. Open to all K-5 students in Corvallis schools, ribbons to all finishers in each event. Running events are 100 meter, 200m, 400m, 800m in age appropriate heats.
Field events will each have three tries:
- Baseball throw and turbo javelin throws
- High jump experience on mats with elastic band crossbar
- Long jump experience in the sand pits
Community flyers are now shared on the Corvallis School District website! Learn about programs, sports, and opportunities in our community. Flyers posted this week are listed below.
- Summer Junior Tennis Classes
- German Program Summer Camp
- Build Spanish Language through Theater Arts – Summer Enrichment
- Golden Naga Martial Arts Center Summer Day Camps
- Summer TAG Programs: Expeditions, Adventures in Learning, Outside the Box
- Various Outdoor Summer Camps through Corvallis Parks and Recreation including Survival Camp, Parkour, Dance and Fishing
- Summer Bike Camps
- Storm Junior Academy Summer Session
- School Garden Coordinators opportunity
- Afternoon care with emphasis on supporting learning through exploration and activities
- Family Support Services
- New Alateen Meeting in Corvallis
- 2019-20 Enrollment for preschool
- Parents: Become an OSU Student!
- STUDY PARTICIPANTS NEEDED! “Thinking Outside of the Lunchbox: Exploring Competing Narratives in the Corvallis 509J District School Lunch Policies”
- Research study opportunity for children with and without developmental disabilities and their family dog
- Spanish hosting opportunity for Corvallis Families