Lincoln Events in April
|Friday, April 26||6-8 pm: Spring Family Fiesta in Lincoln gym|
Lincoln Events in May
|Wednesday, May 1||Walk and Bike to School Day|
|Thursday, May 2||6-7:30 pm: PTA meeting|
|May 6-10||Teacher Appreciation Week|
|Wednesday, May 15||5:30-6:30 pm: Incoming Kinder Lemonade Social|
6:30-7:30 pm: Fine Arts Night
|Wednesday, May 22||9:30-11 am: 5th Grade Special Event - Trip to Linus Pauling Middle School|
6-7:30 pm: Latino Parent Group meeting
|Monday, May 27||No school - Memorial Day|
Teacher Appreciation Week is May 6-10
If you are interested in participating in the following teacher appreciation events please click on the link below to sign up. We are also looking for help with set up and/or clean up each day. Please email Dazie Carnes at email@example.com if you are able to help with this. Thank you!
- Monday, May 6: Breakfast Buffet – sign up HERE
- Tuesday, May 7: Trail mix & snack bar – PTA provided
- Wednesday, May 8: Show your appreciation by sending notes and cards to teachers and staff members from parents and students.
- Thursday, May 9: Cookie/Treat bar- sign up HERE
- Friday, May 10: Flowers or plants for the teachers – sign up HERE
Spring Family Fiesta
DJ, dancing, games, and a bake sale! The Spring Family Fiesta is Friday, April 26 from 6-8 pm in the Lincoln gym. Suggested donation of $5 per family or $2 per person goes to support our Spanish OBOB program. Children must be accompanied by an adult family member.
We need volunteers to make this happen! Please email PTAdeLincoln@gmail.com
Parents and students of Lincoln 2019-20 kindergarten classes
Please join us on Wednesday, May 15 from 5:30-6:30 pm for a lemonade social to:
- meet the kinder teachers and their future classmates
- learn about dual language immersion
- get tips for preparing for the fall
- network with other families of incoming kinders
Fine Arts Night
Your child’s art will be on display, there will be art activities from the Arts Center and other professional artists as well as music activities in the gym. It is a fun night for the whole family and a great way to celebrate your creative child. Join us on May 15 from 6:30-7:30 pm.
Volunteer Slots for Lincoln Carnival
Just one or two hours of your time is all it would take, tending a game, serving food, selling tickets, painting faces, setting up or taking down the booths, etc. This is a huge fundraiser for the PTA, which sponsors educational events and resources for our kids all year. It’s on Saturday, June 1 with volunteer slots between 9 am and 4:30 pm. Please consider signing up! Sign up HERE.
Latino Parent Group Night
You’re invited to join the Latino parent group at Lincoln, where parents will be able to learn about upcoming opportunities and discuss a variety of topics. Group meets once a month. It is open to all parents but keep in mind the meeting will be conducted in Spanish. Mark your calendars for May 22 from 6-7:30 pm at Lincoln.
Your Child and Screen Time - Community Presentation
This is an interactive presentation for parents only that shows how you can set appropriate screen time limits for your elementary-school children and how you can empower your kids to make good choices about their own screen use. Topics include screen time, internet addiction, bran development and screens, and protecting your child’s vision. Join us in the Jefferson Elementary School gym for this interactive presentation presented by Melissa Whiteman, Prevention Coordinator at ABC House on Tuesday, April 30 from 6:30-8 pm.
Can’t make it in person? Join us on Facebook for our livestream: https://www.facebook.com/
Community flyers are now shared on the Corvallis School District website! Learn about programs, sports, and opportunities in our community. Flyers posted this week are listed below.
- Join the Corvallis Knights Reading Club and win tickets to a game
- T-Ball and Coach Pitch/ Boys & Girls Club registration
- Golden Naga Martial Arts Center Summer Day Camps
- Summer TAG Programs: Expeditions, Adventures in Learning, Outside the Box
- Various Outdoor Summer Camps through Corvallis Parks and Recreation including Survival Camp, Parkour, Dance and Fishing
- Parents: Become an OSU Student!
- Oregon Agriculture in the Classroom 2019 Calendar Art Contest
- Corvallis Soccer Club 2019 Spring TryoutsABC Speaker on internet safety and protecting your kids
- Summer Bike Camps
- Integrative Biology Open House – May 5
- NW CyberCamp 2019 registration