Lincoln Events in June
|Monday, June 17||1-2:30 pm: Field day|
|Tuesday, June 18||Last day of school|
8:45-9:25 am: Special Assembly
2019-20 Elementary School Daily Start Time Change
Starting next fall, all elementary schools will start the school day at 8:05 am and end at 2:30 pm. Details about the elementary schedule are below.
All buses will arrive at elementary schools no earlier than 7:30 am and no later than 7:50 am. We are committed to having all students at school with ample time to eat breakfast and arrive in class by 8:05 am. This change will assist in scheduling buses and increase on-time school arrivals for middle school students
Breakfast will be available for students in the cafeteria/gym each morning at 7:30 am until the tardy bell rings at 8:05 am. Once the tardy bell rings, front office staff will have breakfast to go available to make sure that every student has a meal and does not miss classroom instruction time.The morning start time change will facilitate all classes starting the day together in a morning meeting and ensures that the instructional day is consistent for all elementary students in the Corvallis School District.
Daily Schedule at-a-glance
The morning start time change will facilitate all classes starting the day together in a morning meeting and ensures that the instructional day is consistent for all elementary students in the Corvallis School District.
|Teacher prep||7:15 - 7:55 am|
|School doors open||7:30 am|
|School buses arrive||7:3- - 7:50 am|
|Breakfast available in gym/cafeteria||7:30 - 8:05 am|
|Classroom doors open||7:55 am|
|Tardy bell||8:05 am|
|School day ends||2:30 pm|
Autographs guidelines for last day of school
Our tradition on the last day of school has been for kids to get autographs from Lincoln staff on paper booklets after the special assembly. Some children have brought T-shirts to use instead of booklets for autographs however, this year we will be asking them to not use clothing.
School Meal Account Balances Due Now
Our school has a number of student meal accounts with balances due. This year, our District is experiencing an unprecedented amount of unpaid meal account charges. This has a serious impact on school budgets. If you have received a notification of a balance due, please plan to make a payment online or bring cash or a check to the school office no later than June 19. Payments are accepted online, anytime. Please contact the school office or the CSD Food Service Supervisor at 541-757-5903 if you need assistance or have questions. Thank you!
Summer Office Hours
The school office will be open to the public 9 am – 12 pm and 1 pm – 3 pm. From Wednesday, June 19 to Friday, June 21. On Wednesday, August 14 we will resume our summer hours of 9 am–12 pm and 1 pm – 3 pm. The first day of school is September 4. You can find the school calendar HERE.
Last chance to return library books
Many of you have made an effort to help your child find and return their school library books and we thank you for that! However, we still have 109 library books missing!! Overdue notices were placed in your kids’ backpacks this week.
Community flyers are now shared on the Corvallis School District website! Learn about programs, sports, and opportunities in our community. Flyers posted this week are listed below.
- 4-H International Elementary Summer Camp
- Summer Junior Tennis Classes
- German Program Summer Camp
- Build Spanish Language through Theater Arts – Summer Enrichment
- Golden Naga Martial Arts Center Summer Day Camps
- Summer TAG Programs: Expeditions, Adventures in Learning, Outside the Box
- Various Outdoor Summer Camps through Corvallis Parks and Recreation including Survival Camp, Parkour, Dance and Fishing
- Summer Bike Camps
- Storm Junior Academy Summer Session
- Father & Child Self Defense Seminar
- Corvallis High School Carnival
- Summer at the library
- Class room rewards
- Summer School 2019
- School Garden Coordinators opportunity
- Afternoon care with emphasis on supporting learning through exploration and activities
- Family Support Services
- New Alateen Meeting in Corvallis
- 2019-20 Enrollment for preschool
- Parents: Become an OSU Student!
- STUDY PARTICIPANTS NEEDED! “Thinking Outside of the Lunchbox: Exploring Competing Narratives in the Corvallis 509J District School Lunch Policies”
- Research study opportunity for children with and without developmental disabilities and their family dog
- Spanish hosting opportunity for Corvallis Families