Lincoln Events in May
|May 6-10||Teacher Appreciation Week|
|Wednesday, May 8||8:15 am - 12 pm: 5th Grade Special Event - Bike Safety (2 groups)|
|Friday, May 10||12:10-2:40 pm: Los Cumbiamberos performance|
|Wednesday, May 15||5:30-6:30 pm: Incoming Kinder Lemonade Social|
6:30-7:30 pm: Fine Arts Night
|Wednesday, May 22||9:30-11 am: 5th Grade Special Event - Trip to Linus Pauling Middle School|
6-7:30 pm: Latino Parent Group meeting
|Thursday, May 23||9 am - 2 pm: 3rd grade field trip to Bald Hill|
|Monday, May 27||No school - Memorial Day|
|Tuesday, May 28||9 am - 2 pm: 5th Grade Special Event - Field trip to the coast|
|Wednesday, May 29||9 am - 2 pm: Kinder trip to farmer's market|
|Thursday, May 30||9 am - 2 pm: 2nd grade field trip to Finley Wildlife Refuge|
9 am - 2 pm: Spanish OBOB "Lucha Libros" competition at South Shore Elementary in Albany
|Friday, May 31||All library books are due and lost ones must be paid for|
Lincoln Events in June
|Saturday, June 1||11:30 am - 2:30 pm: Lincoln Carnival|
|Wednesday, June 5||Walk and Bike to School Day|
|Thursday, June 6||6-7:30 pm: PTA meeting|
|Wednesday, June 12||6-7:30 pm: Latino Parent Group meeting|
|Thursday, June 13||Kinder graduation|
|Friday, June 14||5th Grade Special Event: 5th grade Promotion/Celebration|
|Monday, June 17||1-2:30 pm: Field day|
|Tuesday, June 18||Last day of school|
8:45-9:25 am: Special Assembly
Teacher Appreciation Week is May 6-10
If you are interested in participating in the following teacher appreciation events please click on the link below to sign up. We are also looking for help with set up and/or clean up each day. Please email Dazie Carnes at email@example.com if you are able to help with this. Thank you!
- Monday, May 6: Breakfast Buffet – sign up HERE
- Tuesday, May 7: Trail mix & snack bar – PTA provided
- Wednesday, May 8: Show your appreciation by sending notes and cards to teachers and staff members from parents and students.
- Thursday, May 9: Cookie/Treat bar- sign up HERE
- Friday, May 10: Flowers or plants for the teachers – sign up HERE
Los Cumbiamberos special assembly
The PTA is treating the school to a lively performance by a musical group that plays Cumbia style music from Colombia on Friday, May 10. Parents/guardians are welcome to attend!
- 12:10-12:50 pm: Grades K-2 Assembly
- 1-1:40 pm: Grades 3-5 Assembly
Take a peek HERE
Parents and students of Lincoln 2019-20 kindergarten classes
Please join us on Wednesday, May 15 from 5:30-6:30 pm for a lemonade social to:
- meet the kinder teachers and their future classmates
- learn about dual language immersion
- get tips for preparing for the fall
- network with other families of incoming kinders
Fine Arts Night
Your child’s art will be on display, there will be art activities from the Arts Center and other professional artists as well as music activities in the gym. It is a fun night for the whole family and a great way to celebrate your creative child. Join us on May 15 from 6:30-7:30 pm.
Volunteer Slots for Lincoln Carnival
Just one or two hours of your time is all it would take, tending a game, serving food, selling tickets, painting faces, setting up or taking down the booths, etc. This is a huge fundraiser for the PTA, which sponsors educational events and resources for our kids all year. It’s on Saturday, June 1 with volunteer slots between 9 am and 4:30 pm. Please consider signing up! Sign up HERE.
Latino Parent Group Night
You’re invited to join the Latino parent group at Lincoln, where parents will be able to learn about upcoming opportunities and discuss a variety of topics. Group meets once a month. It is open to all parents but keep in mind the meeting will be conducted in Spanish. Mark your calendars for May 22 from 6-7:30 pm at Lincoln.
'Specials' classes winding down in early June
The last week of library will be June 3-7 (there will be no check outs that week). All books are due or need to be paid for if lost by May 31.
The last week of music, P.E., and art is June 10-14.
May Tasting Tables: Strawberries
This month at Tasting Tables (during the week of May 13th) children at Lincoln will have the chance to try locally grown strawberries! Volunteers at each school will be handing out samples of yogurt topped with strawberries at the Tasting Table in the cafeteria. Be sure to ask your child how they liked it! The strawberries were grown right here in Corvallis, at Stahlbush Island Farms. Thank you to Stahlbush for donating this month’s Tasting Table strawberries!
If you’d like to learn more about Oregon Strawberries, check out the Food Hero Newsletter HERE.
If you have questions about the Corvallis Farm to School program, please contact Farm to School Coordinator, McKenzie Rakes via email.
Community flyers are now shared on the Corvallis School District website! Learn about programs, sports, and opportunities in our community. Flyers posted this week are listed below.
- Join the Corvallis Knights Reading Club and win tickets to a game
- Golden Naga Martial Arts Center Summer Day Camps
- Summer TAG Programs: Expeditions, Adventures in Learning, Outside the Box
- Various Outdoor Summer Camps through Corvallis Parks and Recreation including Survival Camp, Parkour, Dance and Fishing
- Parents: Become an OSU Student!
- Oregon Agriculture in the Classroom 2019 Calendar Art Contest
- Corvallis Soccer Club 2019 Spring Tryouts
- Summer Bike Camps
- NW CyberCamp 2019 registration
- Registration for Fall 2019-Spring 2020 American Youth Soccer Organization (AYSO)
- Summer Bike Camps
- Mother’s Day Art in the Garden
- Climate Solutions: What Every Parent and Community Member Needs to Know and Do