Lincoln Events in June
|Saturday, June 1||11:30 am - 2:30 pm: Lincoln Carnival|
3 pm & 4pm: Elementary Strings student concierto at CVHS
|Monday, June 3||9 am - 2 pm: Field trip to coast|
|Wednesday, June 5||Walk and Bike to School Day|
|Thursday, June 6||6-7:30 pm: PTA meeting|
|Friday, June 7||8 am: Assembly with 5th grade performance|
9:30 am: Grad Walk
|Wednesday, June 12||6-7:30 pm: Latino Parent Group meeting|
|Thursday, June 13||Kinder graduation|
|Friday, June 14||5th Grade Special Event: 5th grade Promotion/Celebration|
|Monday, June 17||1-2:30 pm: Field day|
|Tuesday, June 18||Last day of school|
8:45-9:25 am: Special Assembly
Lincoln's Lucha Libros Team Places 2nd in Competition
This week three Lincoln teams battled each other in the Spanish OBOB competition we call Lucha Libros. They did amazingly well in answering difficult questions about 8 books they read collectively. The winning team, Las Gominolas Jugosas of 4th grade, went to South Shore Elementary School in Albany today to battle South Shore and Garfield’s teams. After four rounds of questions in front of all 3rd, 4th and 5th graders of South Shore, as well as teachers and parents, our team placed 2nd with Garfield winning the trophy. Great job Cosette, Derek, Diego, Keyona and Lilly!
English and Spanish OBOB Participant Celebration
If your child participated in English or Spanish OBOB (Lucha Libros) this year, you are cordially invited to celebrate their hard work reading and dedication to their team by joining us at Papa’s Pizza on Monday, June 3rd from 5:30-7 pm. Pizza provided for participants and their families. Your child will receive a certificate. We hope you can make a thank you card for their team coach!
Elementary School Track Meeting - coming soon!
Wednesday, June 5, 2019. Starts at 3:30 pm, CHS Track. Open to all K-5 students in Corvallis schools, ribbons to all finishers in each event. Running events are 100 meter, 200m, 400m, 800m in age appropriate heats.
Field events will each have three tries:
- Baseball throw and turbo javelin throws
- High jump experience on mats with elastic band crossbar
- Long jump experience in the sand pits
Community flyers are now shared on the Corvallis School District website! Learn about programs, sports, and opportunities in our community. Flyers posted this week are listed below.
- Summer Junior Tennis Classes
- German Program Summer Camp
- Build Spanish Language through Theater Arts – Summer Enrichment
- Golden Naga Martial Arts Center Summer Day Camps
- Summer TAG Programs: Expeditions, Adventures in Learning, Outside the Box
- Various Outdoor Summer Camps through Corvallis Parks and Recreation including Survival Camp, Parkour, Dance and Fishing
- Summer Bike Camps
- Storm Junior Academy Summer Session
- Join the Corvallis Knights Reading Club and win tickets to a game
- Class room rewards
- Elementary School Track Meet – June 5
- Introduction to Kung Fu – June 8
- Get Outdoors Day June 8
- Celebrate Southtown – June 1-8
- School Garden Coordinators opportunity
- Afternoon care with emphasis on supporting learning through exploration and activities
- Family Support Services
- New Alateen Meeting in Corvallis
- 2019-20 Enrollment for preschool
- Parents: Become an OSU Student!
- STUDY PARTICIPANTS NEEDED! “Thinking Outside of the Lunchbox: Exploring Competing Narratives in the Corvallis 509J District School Lunch Policies”
- Research study opportunity for children with and without developmental disabilities and their family dog
- Spanish hosting opportunity for Corvallis Families